KARNA's mission is to improve and advance the public good, the quality of life of those who are disadvantaged, vulnerable and marginalized and encourage students who demonstrate intellectual distinction and interest in socio-development needs.
To realize this mission, KARNA shall seek to empower and build community capacity, and provide services for sustainable development. KARNA shall also work in partnership with other not-for-profit agencies, the Government, donors, community partners and the public.
KARNA is a voluntary, not-for-profit, non-self-serving, non-governmental, non-partisan and independent organization involved in the promotion of social justice and development.
KARNA is organized and will be operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 or its successor provisions. In furtherance of these purposes, the corporation shall perform the following:
- To solicit and collect voluntary contributions in money and articles of value throughout the world.
- To establish a fund in money or in articles of value, or both, from the aforesaid solicitation and collection.
- To transmit in identified communities from the said fund money and articles of value for the maintenance, support , education and welfare of people. The funds will be used for education, food, clothing, medical needs, infrastructure development, and providing developmental assistance in identified communities in less developed countries.
- To assist other organizations throughout the world which are dedicated to the maintenance, support, education and welfare of people either by direct financial aid or assistance in the form of articles of value or by rendering guidance and advice.
- To utilize the funds by providing opportunities to people in less developed countries to enable them pursue occupational and vocational training so as to obtain financial stability.
- To do any and all things, which may be suitable or proper for the accomplishment of the purposes defined above.
- Consistent with the foregoing purposes, the corporation may engage in any lawful activity that may be incidental or reasonably necessary to those purposes, and may exercise all powers now or hereafter available to corporations organized under the State of Illinois Nonprofit Corporation Act.