Applicants to the KARNA Scholarship must fulfill the following qualifications as on October 1 of the year of application. The applicant must be:
- a citizen of India
- passed and received results of class XII examination of a nationally recognized Board e.g. CBSE, UP Board, ICSE, Maharashtra Board
- secured admission in a Bachelor's program in a field of their choice in any institution of India
The KARNA Scholarship Board shall have full discretion to determine the eligibility of an applicant.
Students intending to apply should send their application to KARNA India as early as possible after their class XII results have been declared, and they have obtained admission to a Bachelor's program. An application sent later than the specified date will not be accepted.
The Scholarship Board shall meet within one month after the deadline date and do a preliminary screening of the applications. The results of the preliminary selection will be notified to the candidates via e-mail on the specified date of the application year and the successful candidates called for a personal interview. The interviews shall be conducted at a convenient site and the final results announced as part of a college/school function. Dates for Honor/Memorial Scholarships shall be specific to each institution/college and notified on their notice boards.
The students invited for personal interview shall appear for the same at their own expense.
The decision of the KARNA Scholarship Board shall be final and binding, and no correspondence regarding the selection or non-selection of a candidate shall be entertained.
Time of Application
The following documentation shall be required at the time of application:
- Completed Application Form in the prescribed format available on the web-site of http://www.karna.org
- The application form should be sent electronically to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. An acknowledgement shall be sent within 2 business days of receipt of application.
Time of Interview
At the time of interview (if the candidate is called for the same) the candidate is expected to bring the following documents with him:
- Detailed List of extra-curricular activities and distinction achieved in them during school/college years. (Should be typed with a typeface no smaller than 10 points and not to exceed 2 pages.)
- Board Examination result (originals).
- Two copies of passport size photograph of applicant (head and shoulders)
- Any other forms sent out by the Scholarship Board.
All originals shall be used for merely for verification purposes and returned immediately.
Please refer to website for application form.